"Hey. Hey Ben, get up. Wake up, Ben." A chill breeze drifts through the tent flaps and wrinkles my face. I note regrettably that I had slept against the side of the tent, allowing condensation to soak the outside of my sleeping bag.

"oewrgh? whuh timezit?"

"Um, a little after seven," Eric says. I can see him now, squatting in the doorway in a thick fleece and wool hat.

"I'm going back to sleep. I don't have much to pack," I mumble, tucking my head down further into the bag.

"We're making apple cheddar quesadillas..."

"You know me too well, you know that?" I grope around for my pants and awkwardly wriggle into them.

Behold! The Apple Cheddar Quesadilla. What makes this the ideal breakfast for a camping/backpacking trip? It's cheap, packable, and easy to prepare. What's more, all the ingredients are good to eat anytime, by themselves. Oh yeah, and it's delicious!

Ingredients: Materials: Preparation:
  1. Cut the apples into very thin wedges, then cut each wedge in half.
  2. Cut up the cheese. Again, thin slices.
  3. Layer apple slices onto half of a tortilla. Then layer the cheddar slices on top of that.
  4. Fold over the tortilla and place it on a square of aluminum foil.
  5. Fold the foil in half and fold over the edges of the foil. Don't bother wrapping it too tightly.
  6. Place on the stove or fire, and cook for about a minute, flipping the packet halfway through.
  7. Remove and cut the quesadilla in half. Reuse the tin foil.
  8. Enjoy!

Of course, you can make this on a stove at home just as well. I'm sure you can figure out the procedure, from this and other quesadilla recipes.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.