This is a transcription of the results of a brainstorm sessions for new games at Atari
. Written exactly as is:
06 Feb. 80
R. Adam, A. Doyne, M. Quero, J. Margolin
R. Crawford, D. Liu D. Sherman
- Breakout - with improved resolution (more bricks) and round ball (play can add english
- 2-Player Video Pinball - Head-to-Head combat style.
- "Land the enterprise" - 1st person lunar lander.
- 1st person Breakout or Raquetball. Perspective view of room with brick back wall.
Paddle moves in x-y plane with trac-ball).
- 1st person Space Invaders.
- Space docking game - possibly combined with Margolin's Warp Speed.
- Risk (Capture the Flag) - attempt to capture base across playfield by crossing DMZ
(random access) into enemy territory.
- 1st person Missle Command - player views earth from space station in geostable orbit.
- "Helicopter" - night mission protecting hamlet being invaded by other helicopters.
- 1st person Warriors - player does battle with animated figure of Warrior. Uses realistic,
1st person control-input device.
- 1st person Adventure - player moves through rooms (25c each) and encounters situations in
- Sports Games: Bobsledding/Luge, Sking, Log rolling, Motorcycle Motocross, ski jumping
("the agony of de-feet), video tiddlie winks.
- 1st person Cockroach - like wack-a-mole, but using feet.
- "Mr. Bill" - utilize a selection of weapons to destroy "Mr. Bill" character in least
- Hang Glider - Hang from controls, terrain scrolls on video under feet
- 1st person Mole - find your way out of a 1st person maze. Screen is black except when you
hit a wall.
- 1st person Skydiver - use fans or stereo sound to indicate wind direction.
- Color/pattern generator based on player input. Could be located in discos and keyed to
audio input from P.A.
- Eliza Psychiatrist - several minutes of interactive counseling per play.
- Stagecoach racing/calf roping - country western themes.
- Space Invaders type game with many different types of enemy all behave differently
- Simulators: Locomotives, big trucks, small aircraft, ocean ships (with control lag),
aircraft landing, river rafting, bulldozer.
- Tidy Bowl Races - water racing utilizing hydrosprint hardware.
- Green Peace - player maneuvers between hunters and whales.
- 2 - caninet link-ups: Helicopters vs. tanks; combat asteroids.
- Water surface skipping bomb - attempt to "skip" bomb into hole across lake.
- Mountian Climb - choose fastest pattern of hand holds to top (via track ball).
- Melt Down - Manipulate reactor control rods to maximize power yet prevent melt down.
- Mission - participate in several flying missions (bombing runs, dog fights, etc.) yet
return safely home before running out of time.