Athlete's foot (also known as tinea pedis) is the most common fungal infection of the skin. It thrives in warm damp places especially on calluses and between the toes. Symptoms include itching, cracking, burning and inflammation. The fungi spread quickly and easily when beneficial bacteria are destroyed by antibiotics or radiation. The fungus that causes athlete's foot can be found most often in wet damp places such as locker rooms.

Also a really bad name for a sports shoe store chain that I have seen located in central Florida.

A simple solution to eradicate tinea pedis from between the toes

Firstly, the simple obvious things. Use vinegar or bleach to clean communal sources like showers or wear shower shoes asian style. Many North East Asians would not be seen dead in a bathroom without appropiate footwear.

Secondly, reduce the welcoming nature of your feet. Wear sandals with socks (preferabley white knee-high socks, German style). Blowdry the toes, wear toesocks, -you are taking this seriously aren't you?

Thirdly, try this rotinue - , my experience to share, the rest is preamble to ensure I cover the obvious that you are no doubt aware of. You will need a 15ml bottle of tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) oil and a 1/2cm pointed paint brush. Rub the bush under the upturned tincture bottle and baste between the toes. Feels good and smells good too. Astringent. Do this twice a day. Keep doing it. You will win. This is the only fungally destructive advice I shall ever offer. Please use it wisely, as us moderns have better things to do than rot.

If you do feel some burning sensations, ones that you can't bear when applying the oil, your feet might be such piles of ruination, that I recommend acquiring a well branded pharmaceutical or considering amputation.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.