I can't fucking believe this.

Lynndie England is without question a symbol, known internationally, of the worst components of the American character. The absolute best that can be said about her involvement in Iraq is that she was guilty of willful and reckless ignorance - ignorance of ethics, ignorance of the potential damage her actions could do, and ignorance of basic human values.

Worse things that could be said? That she, in writing and promoting this book, is guilty of deliberately profiting on her degradation of others, publicly and indefensibly.

And a Veteran's Association is sponsoring this? At the Library of Congress? For fuck's sake, people, this woman dishonored the uniform you wore and wear. Out of willful ignorance at best, malice aforethought at worst.

So now you're going to help her push her story of victimization.

This is a victim? Get a fucking grip.

I think I found the missing piece in my suicidal fantasies, namely the music that should be played in a loop while things go on. I still don't have the bathtub where I would lay in warm water, lit only by lights, high on benzos to cut my wrists and fall asleep.


The piece in question is Nine Inch Nails' Corona Radiata, from their album The Slip. The album can be legally downloaded at the band's website.

More information about the song here. Not my site, I just googled it up.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.