An often deragatory term used to describe good-doers, mamby-pamby's, pansies, wankers, general kiss-asses, and those special overachievers who's only wrong choice in life has been their choice of weekend apparel. (sorry, those uniforms just don't look professional any more). Example: "Boy, Bob sure was a Boy Scout today, getting all those charts into the boss before the deadline, and tattling on Sally in the process. What a disliked dipshit."

A petty thief whose crimial acts are juvenile or childishly ineffectual; a fool.

- american underworld dictionary - 1950

Boy scout.

Orig., a member of the "Boy Scouts," an organization of boys founded in 1908, by Sir R.S.S. Baden-Powell, to promote good citizenship by creating in them a spirit of civic duty and of usefulness to others, by stimulating their interest in wholesome mental, moral, industrial, and physical activities, etc. Hence, a member of any of the other similar organizations, which are now worldwide. In "The Boy Scouts of America" the local councils are generally under a scout commissioner, under whose supervision are scout masters, each in charge of a troop of two or more patrols of eight scouts each, who are of three classes, tenderfoot, second-class scout, and first-class scout.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.