A death metal band formed in the town of Gothenburg, Sweden. They, along with similar bands At The Gates and In Flames, were the spearhead of the musical movement that became known as the "Gothenburg Sound", a mix of two extremes - on one hand they have metal riffs, screaming vocals and songs about mostly negative human emotions, and on the other they mix harmonious acoustic sounds, clean vocals and songs about mystical subjects. The Gothenburg sound usually doesn't deal with satanic or any kind of religious subjects, like other styles such as black metal.
Their most widely accepted album in the Metal scene is "The Gallery]. Their most recent work is Haven.

Now just a darn minute. Dark Tranquillity ARE without any doubt the real pionneers of the swedish melodic death metal scene. Yes, In Flames once did some good music (on their first releases, but since haven't evolved into nothing different), but only after the singer Anders Friden left Dark Tranquillity (which was a good thing since his singing doesn't stands up to Mikael Stanne extremely good singing) only to team up with other musicians to write some similar songs. Also, one must not forget that guitarist Niklas Sundin has helped Anders Friden in his lyrical writings twice!, once on The Jester Race and also on Whoracle. To conclude, if you wanna hear great technical/melodic metal, gear yourself with The Gallery album.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.