I fall asleep at 5 pm, tired, after two friends come for a not very long walk and we eat some tortilla chips. I tell myself that I will just sleep on the guest bed for a short time and then make dinner.

At 10 I wake for a few minutes and don't want to move and don't want to make dinner. Back to sleep.

I am in the church fundraiser where people are bidding. I am selling my house, though the money will mostly go to me. It is my present house, which is currently packrat catlady. Only two cats, but the packrat is active when I am convalescing. Currently I am trying to consolidate and corral all the rocks in one or two buckets.

My house sells for 185K. In the dream I am very pleased that it has sold, but then I think, wait, I've sold my house. I cannot afford to buy another house here. Wait, maybe I do not want to sell it yet. Too late. I want to talk to my father. I wake worried. Not panicked, but glad that in fact I have NOT sold my house. And anyhow, in the current market it is worth more than 500K. New houses are going up here, within two blocks. The empty lots where the deer hang out are shrinking. Our elderly are dying in town, the 90 year olds. Their stuff goes begging at sales, because their 60 year old children already have stuff.

My son and daughter-in-law got stuff from my ex-mother-in-law because 1. She died at 95 this year and 2. They live in the same part of Maryland. So some stuff was carted off by my ex's younger brother and wife, but furniture went to my son and daughter-in-law because they just bought a house. Moved from apartment to house and suddenly have a lot more room. My son has the packrat gene but his wife does not.

Houses in dreams. I am reading about houses. Change again. Big surprise there.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.