エビラ


In the fictional universe of the Godzilla films, Ebirah is a gigantic, monstrous shrimp. Yep, that's right, a shrimp. The name "Ebirah" comes from the combination of the Japanese word for shrimp, ebi, and the "-ra" ending often appended to the names of daikaiju (c.f. Mothra, Hedora, Gidora, etc.).

One of the lesser monsters in the Godzilla pantheon, perhaps owing to his sheer ridiculousness, Ebirah first appeared in the 1966 film Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster as the eponymous sea monster. After two battles, Godzilla defeats Ebirah by tearing off his claws, causing Ebirah to flee back into the watery depths whence he came.

Ebirah then reappears in a future timeline in the 2004 film Godzilla: Final Wars, where he rises out of the sea to attack Tokyo, only to be defeated once again by Godzilla.

Ebirah also makes appearances in several Godzilla-themed video games, including Godzilla, King of the Monsters, Godzilla: Save the Earth, Godzilla Unleashed: Double Smash, and Godzilla Trading Battle.


Ebirah Stats (according to Godzilla: Final Wars):

Length: 100 meters
Height: 30 meters
Claw length: 20 meters (right claw); 15 meters (left claw)
Weight: 50,000 tons

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.