Born circa I 540 to Eärendil the Mariner and Elwing. He was to become one of the greatest Elves to ever exist in Middle-Earth.

Due to his lineage Elrond was considered half-elven and given the choice to be counted among Men or among the Elves. He chose the latter.

When he was very young, Elrond (though he had not yet recieved that name) and his brother Elros Tar-Minyatur were captured when their home, the Havens of Sirion, was attacked by Fëanor's sons while they were questing for the Silmarils. Being but young children, they were released.

During the Second Age Elrond founded Imladris (or Rivendell, as it was called by Men). This is around the time Gil-galad gave him Vilya (one of the Three Rings of the Elves).

Elrond married Celebrían and together they had three children: Elladan, Elrohir, and Arwen Evenstar.

Vital to the cause against Sauron, Elrond played a part in all major events of the Second and Third Ages. He was a member of the White Council and held his own Council of Elrond at the very beginning of the War of the Ring (III 3018), after which, on 29 September III 3021, he parted to Aman with Galadriel, Bilbo, Frodo, Gandalf, et. al.

Elrond's surname "Peredhil" is pronounced /pe'rethil/. The "dh" consonant combination makes a "th" sound.

(read The Lord of the Rings)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.