1. What is your name?

Hazen

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

I'm (still) a lawyer in New Mexico.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

I found the "blow your mind" link on Slashdot.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

My all-time favorite is MoJoe's New Everything feature: Detonate noder.

As for my own, the ones on New Mexico history were the most fun to research, but my favorite was the metanode formerly known as War on Iraq 2003 which is now found at Iraq War because it introduced me to the hivemind that was E2.

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

Having a nodermeet here in the ABQ and meeting the locals was very fun. Least favorite would have to be anything associated with administration.

6. What keeps you coming back?

Sometimes I like to remind myself of old jokes.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

I'm pretty much finished with it.

8. What does E2 mean to you?

A moment in history when the conditions were right for certain people to meet and share thoughts and jokes.

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

The folks on the everything IRC channel on slashnet. I miss banter with dannye, but not enough to seek him out on g+ and annoy him.

And I miss grundoon.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

James Woods.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

Greenwich Village.

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

Why are the prevailing winds in New Mexico from West to East?

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact haze or Jet-Poop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.