1. What is your name?

Alex C.

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

I work as a CTO in a small social network consulting firm in Spain. We have launched some social commerce products lately.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

Well, beats me! I was in University then, and discovering the wonders of Internet. Wikipedia did not exist yet, and I found the idea of a publicly editable encyclopedia pretty much game-changing. Plus, the more artsy-written nodes were great.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

There's too many excellent writeups to choose from! My user profile is brimming with excellent nodes. You'll notice most of them are quite old, though. I loved the "your ideas about xxx already occured to others" meme and some of the E2 stuff (One Node to Rule Them All, The Dark Side of the Node (nuked), Adminspotting (nuked), Fight Club and Everything2, Everything 25:17, --OutpostMir-- vs. Oprah.Com (nuked) I'm a fan of fictional bios such as Troy McClure's.

I could go on and on forever.

Mine, The Doors... it's pretty poor, IMHO, but some people have told me they can relate to it- both from E2 and outside- and that's pretty cool. My Parker wu was plagiarized in the Wikipedia, and that was flattering.

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

Discovering cool stuff! Interacting with some noders... which probably won't remember me anymore.

Bad memories... about some nukings. I think my point of view is described in Wikipedia's parliance as "completionist". Everything should be in the nodegel, and only really bad stuff should be nuked. I like E2 in what's different from Wikipedia- the difference makes E2 special and fun, and Wikipedia useful.

6. What keeps you coming back?

Checking /msgs. I will occasionally wonder around the nodegel for the old times.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

I hope it lives past humanity.

8. What does E2 mean to you?

It's a part of what I am. It's a safe place for some of my memories.

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

dannye. I "miss" The Necromancer. He /msged me once and died in an accident before I could reply. I keep his /msg in my inbox, ten days from now the /msg will be 9 years old.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

Myself, of course. Or a younger Woody Allen.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

Thought

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

Nope. Answering brought back some great memories from another time and place. I look back at my contribution and it sucks, though. I wish I had the energy to do something about that!

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact koala or Jet-Poop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.