display | more...
For the purposes of receiving Federal Student Aid in the United States, a person is considered financially independent if any of the following apply:

You are:

  • Age 23 or older

  • Working on a degree higher than a BA or BS.

  • Married

  • Have children or other dependents

  • An orphan or ward of the court (or were until age 18)

  • A veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces
  • Information found on the 2001 - 2002 FAFSA form

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.