Great White is your typical 80s hair band. Influenced by Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and Mott the Hoople. They mixed in metal, rock, the power ballad, and all the rest of the mold that makes a hair metal band. Their biggest hit was a cover of Mott the Hoople's Once Bitten, Twice Shy. While they are a competent band they can't play or write quite as well as the bands they looked up to. Because of this they never achieved more than a few minutes in the spot light at a time. And are not considered a staple of rock history. But honestly they were probably one of the better hair bands of the day. They are still playing and touring and releasing records so they got that on many of their contemporaries.

I'm not a big fan of them, but I did like their cover of Once Bitten, Twice Shy.

The Band:
Jack Russell -- Vocals
Michael Lardie -- Keyboards & Guitar
Ty Longley -- Guitar
Krys Baratto -- Bass
Francis Ruiz -- Drums
Ex-band members:
Audie Desbrow -- Drums
Gary Holland -- Drums
Matthew Johnson -- Guitar
Mark Kendall -- Guitar
Sean McNabb -- Bass
Tony Montana -- Bass
Albums:
Latest & Greatest -- Sony Records (2000)
You Can't Get There from Here -- Sony Records (1999)
Great Zeppelin: A Tribute to Led Zeppelin -- Sony Records (1999)
Let It Rock -- Imago Records (1996)
Sail Away -- Zoo Records (1994)
Psycho City -- Capitol Records (1992)
Hooked -- Capitol Records (1991)
...Twice Shy -- Capitol Records (1989)
Once Bitten... -- Capitol Records (1987)
Shot in the Dark -- Razor & Tie Records (1986)
s/t -- EMI America (1984)
Out of the Night -- Aegean Records (1983)
On Your Knees -- Enigma Records (1982) They also had some box sets, singles, and video releases.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.