A leading manufacturer of firearms for both military and civilian applications, Heckler & Koch have a built a reputation of high-quality, reliable and effective firearms. Heckler & Koch are manufacturers of popular weapons as the MP5/10 submachinegun, the G3 rifle and the USP Tactical pistol.

Heckler & Koch was founded in 1949 by former Mauser engineers Edmund Heckler, Theodore Koch and Alex Siedel and registered in Germany in 1950 as "Heckler & Koch GmbH". Initially, the company focused on the manufacture of goods that were most in demand post-war such as bicycle and sewing machine spare parts.

The company's first foray into weapons manufacturing came in 1956 when H&K decided to tender for the new infantry rifle for the German army and succeeded with the G3 rifle. In the mid-1960s, H&K introduced the Machine Pistole 5 (or MP5) submachinegun. This compact & reliable is the most popular submachinegun in the world and has been adopted as standard equipment by many military, counter-terrorist and law enforcement groups as well as appearing in countless movies and games. In 1991, H&K became part of the British Aerospace/Royal Ordnance company. In 1995, the company tendered once again to supply new weapons to the German army and were successful with the P8 pistol and G36 rifle.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.