One of the origional Autobots from the Transformers cartoon series. Ironhide was the bodyguard for Autobot leader Optimus Prime. Ironhide was a tough and loyal soldier who could transform into a van.

Ironhide met his demise in Transformers the Movie, when Megatron blasted him in the chest at point-blank range.

One other note: the Ironhide toy looked nothing like Ironhide in the cartoon or comic book. The toy sucked ass.

Transforms from van to robot and back!

AUTOBOT: IRONHIDE

FUNCTION: SECURITY
"High tech circuitry is no replacement for guts."

"Go chew on a microchip," is IRONHIDE's slogan. Prefers action to words. Oldest, toughest, most battle-tested Autobot. Bodyguard to Optimus Prime. In charge of guarding anything of importance. Gruff but kind. Trithyllium-steel skin makes him nearly invulnerable to attack. Shoots variety of liquids from supercooled nitrogen to superheated lead. Has sonar, radar, radiowave detector. Slowest and most fragile of the group.

  • Strength: 7
  • Intelligence: 7
  • Speed: 3
  • Endurance: 9
  • Rank: 7
  • Courage: 10
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 7
Transformers Tech Specs


You cannot imagine, without having seen a photo, how ugly this toy really was. The cab and chassis of the van detached from the rear and transformed into a skinny "robot" with flimsy arms, boxy feet, and a windshield for a head. The rear of the van turned into this boxy mobile tank-like thing with a mounted laser gun which the robot stood on to give him some semblance of strength. It didn't work. The cartoon completely replaced this robot mode with one that looked much more human, and we were all glad for it.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.