Transforms from ambulance to robot and back!

AUTOBOT: RATCHET

FUNCTION: MEDIC
"You break it, I'll remake it."

RATCHET was the best tool-and-die man on Cybertron. In his workbay on Earth he can make anything from a pin to a missile. Repairs injured Autobots, given the right parts. Likes to party, give backtalk, but does any job as well as anyone. Has laser scalpels, arc-welders, electron microscopes, circuit sensors, fluid dispensers at his disposal. Sometimes his having a good time interferes with his effectiveness.

  • Strength: 4
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Speed: 4
  • Endurance: 5
  • Rank: 7
  • Courage: 8
  • Firepower: 3
  • Skill: 10
Transformers Tech Specs


Ratchet was built from the same mold as Ironhide, only colored white instead of red and with little sirens on top. He was just as ugly a toy in robot form, and the cartoon gave him the same improved appearance.

Ratch"et (?), n. [Properly a diminutive from the same word as rack: cf. F. rochet. See 2d Ratch, Rack the instrument.]

1.

A pawl, click, or detent, for holding or propelling a ratchet wheel, or ratch, etc.

2.

A mechanism composed of a ratchet wheel, or ratch, and pawl. See Ratchet wheel, below, and 2d Ratch.

Ratchet brace Mech., a boring brace, having a ratchet wheel and pawl for rotating the tool by back and forth movements of the brace handle. -- Ratchet drill, a portable machine for working a drill by hand, consisting of a hand lever carrying at one end a drill holder which is revolved by means of a ratchet wheel and pawl, by swinging the lever back and forth. -- Ratchet wheel Mach., a circular wheel having teeth, usually angular, with which a reciprocating pawl engages to turn the wheel forward, or a stationary pawl to hold it from turning backward.

<-- illustr. Ratchet wheel and ilustr. of ratchet drill -->

⇒ In the cut, the moving pawl c slides over the teeth in one direction, but in returning, draws the wheel with it, while the pawl d prevents it from turning in the contrary direction.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.