The Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management is the business school at Cornell University. It is named after the founder of SC Johnson (also known as Johnson Wax), one of the school's biggest benefactors. It is based in Sage Hall, near the center of the Cornell campus, and confers MBA (Master of Business Administration) degrees, joint MBA degrees - with law, engineering etc - and PhDs. It also offers some undergraduate classes, and courses of Masters students at other colleges (such as Industrial and Labor Relations, enginnering and computer science). The school was founded in 1946.

Sage Hall was built in 1875 and was originally a college for women. It was renovated in 1998, is now 145,000 square feet, looks great, and is one of the most modern buildings for a business school in the US. Facilities include a three storey glass ceilinged atrium, high-tech investment research center, ethernet connections everywhere and wireless access.

At any one time, the school has roughly 520 MBA students participating in the two year program, thirty taking the one year option, thirty PhD students and eighty faculty and visiting faculty. The school has a strong focus on finance, marketing and general management courses.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.