A new study by two University of Southern California sociologists says children that are raised by gay or lesbian parents "show more empathy for social diversity, are less confined by gender stereotypes and are probably more likely to explore homosexual activity themselves."

No kidding, I mean after all, we are a product of our environment.

Children of liberal parents, tend to be more liberal. Conservative parents tend to raise children who turn out to be more conservative. Children of racists or bigots tend to become more of the same. Now this only holds true, up to a certain point. As we get older, sometimes we revolt and try to become just the opposite of what our parents are. Also, as we begin to experience life on our own, we may form different outlooks and biases, based on our own life experiences.

Raising children or being children is hard enough, thankfully, we all have been given free will, and can at any point in life, become who we want to be. We are the authors of ourselves.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you'll be gay if raised by gay parents, no more than you'd be a communist if raised by parents who were. But you'll think different, and that's a good thing.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.