THE CITADEL OF MOSCOW

The Kremlin is the heart of Moscow and the Russian Federation, sitting at the city's center, just off of Red Square and sitting next to the Moskva River. It has been the hub of Russian government since the rise of Muscovy in the early Middle Ages, through the Russian Empire, the Soviet Union, and the present-day Russia, her buildings serving as a reminder of the long and illustorious history of Russia.

Structures of the Moscow Kremlin:

Data pulled from http://www.moscowkremlin.ru/basic/english/ while formating, linking, minor editing and typo corrections --OutpostMir--

Satirical board game by Avalon Hill about the power struggle in the Soviet Polit Bureau. The game is for 3 to 6 players, and take about 1-2 hours to play.

The object of the game is to control the Party Chief when he waves in the Parade. If he is too sick to wave, no credit is given.

The Polit Bureau in the game consists of 9 members (I think - sorry, I don't have the box in front of me!), structured in three layers. The most important member is obviously the Party Chief, and right underneath him in the hierarchy is the Head of KGB, the Foreign Minister and the Minister of Defence.

The players get Influence Points to distribute secretly on the Polit Bureau members, and the player who has revealed the most points on a character at any given time decides what actions that character will perform. This allows for a lot of backstabbing and dealing. There is nothing quite as satisfying as having someone install "their" new Party Chief, only to take control over him as he is about to wave. :)

In my opinion, this is a funny, fast-paced game with fairly simple rules. I recommend it for anyone interested in unserious, slightly chaotic games.

Krem"lin (?), n. [Russ. kremle.]

The citadel of a town or city; especially, the citadel of Moscow, a large inclosure which contains imperial palaces, cathedrals, churches, an arsenal, etc.

[Russia]

<-- (metaphorically) the government of Russia (or, 1920-1992, of the Soviet Union) -->

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.