Performed by Frank Vincent Zappa, on tour in 1973, this song has only appeared as the finale to a five part "Don't Eat the Yellow Snow" medley (including "Don't Eat the Yellow Snow," "Nanook Rubs It," "St. Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast," and "Father O'Blivion".

It has only appeared on You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 6 as part of Farther O'Blivion*, performed in 1973.

When the band finished playing the first half of “St. Alfonzo’s” for the second time, Frank launched into this spiel about the wonders of mar-juh-rene (margarine). He usually began by singing “I stole the mar-juh-rene, I admit it, I did it”, then going on about rubbing it on, etc. Then, after bringing the band on down behind him, Frank proceeded to spell “mar-juh-rene”, stopping at each letter and telling the audience what it stands for. Example: M stands for the Majesty that is the Mar-juh-rene, A stands for the Agony that is this sound system, R stands for Repeat, which is what I keep having to do so I can hear myself in the monitor, etc. He even designated meanings for the dashes. Throughout the tour, he made constant monitor jokes, sex jokes, local references, and the occasional solicitation from an audience member as to what a particular letter should stand for. After Frank finished spelling “mar-juh-rene”, the band picked up the groove and shifted into an uptempo shuffle, with Frank throwing out guitar riffs. It is from this section that the YCDTOSA Volume VI “Farther O’Blivion” track is taken, with the section serving as the finale to the “Don’t Eat” suite. After Frank says “Join the March and Eat My Starch”, the band jumps headfirst into the epic “Farther O’Blivion” (which is NOT the one from YCDTOSA Volume VI).

*This is not a misspelling. It was intended to be Farther O'Blivion.


Source:
The FZ Discography - http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/lyrics/index.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.