Formerly: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum and Network Associates Coliseum

Opened in 1968.

Capacity: 50,000+

Home of: Oakland Athletics(MLB), Oakland Raiders(NFL)

Located just west of Interstate 880 in Oakland, CA. The first few operating years saw the stadium still under construction and few fans, giving it the nickname "The Mausoleum". The most pitcher-friendly park in the AL, with it large dimensions and the largest foul territory in the majors. During football season, portable seats are brought in to the center-field area. Section 130 is home to "The Black Hole", a group of Raiders fanatics known for their wild costumes and even wilder enthusiasm reminiscent of British football hooligans. The first occurence of "The Wave" at a professional sports game happened here. It is adjacent to The Arena in Oakland, home of the NBA's Golden State Warriors, which is also known as "The Jewel Box" because of its criss-cross support structure. The Coliseum gets cold and windy at night, and if you are sitting in the sun during a day game, be sure to wear plenty of deodorant. Linked to the Coliseum-Airport BART station by an elevated walkway.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.