After a few years of Lowlands and one year Sziget, my boyfriend and I have decided that this summer we're going to see how our neighbours to the South manage at organising a music festival. We will be going to Rock Werchter 2008. And we would like to meet you there!

When?
Rock Werchter will be from 3-6 July.

Where?
The festival is in Werchter, in Belgium, near Leuven.

Why?
Because noders rock. And festivals rock. So this should be a great combination! The lineup is awesome: Radiohead, Beck, dEUS, Counting Crows, Kaiser Chiefs, Sigur Rós, Slayer, R.E.M., Lenny Kravitz and quite a few more. So even if you're not sure about the noders, the music should be enough reason!

What?
Now I have no clue if any noders have even heard of Rock Werchter, let alone if they plan on going there. For this reason, and also because I've never been there myself, my plans are rather vague. There should be plenty of beer, and places to sit around, and of course lots of music to listen to. Add a few noders and there should be no problem with having a good time, either for an hour of for longer if we're having great fun. We'll just make it up as we go along...

If you hadn't planned on going yet but are considering it now, you should be quick as tickets are going fast! There are day tickets as well as tickets for all four days, but day tickets for some days have sold out.

There are several camping sites at the festival. Sleeping in nearby Leuven doesn't seem to be an option, when I checked a month ago all hotels were fully booked.

More information about the festival, including how to get there and the possibility to book your tickets online, can be found at www.rockwerchter.be

So.
If you are planning on being at the festival and you would like to meet up, let me know. Depending on the reactions I get, we can make further plans...

Hope to see you there!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.