N11 on the MARTA North Line.

7010 West Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta, Georgia

Intersection:
East of Ga 400, west of Peachtree Dunwoody Road, North of Peachtree Dunwoody Ct., and south of Spalding Drive.

Landmarks:
Georgia 400 Ramp (Southbound) Post Dunwoody Apartments Dunwoody Place Apartments

Parking Spaces: total of 2,180

Opened on December 16, 2000, North Springs station was built to accomodate commuters going down 400 S to the city. Although the goal involved cutting down on traffic, nothing, even outrageous gas prices, seems to be able to stop the daily insanity. Despite this, I have observed a dramatic increase in fellow MARTA riders on the north line.

The station is also conveniently located to Peachtree-Dunwoody Rd., Mt. Vernon Rd., and Ashford-Dunwoody Rd.

Routes Operating from Station:

Rt. 85 Roswell / Alpharetta. This route will now depart from North Springs Station. It will follow GA400 to Northridge Dr. to Roswell Rd. to Alpharetta Highway and continue to Windward Parkway. North of Mansell Rd, alternate trips will travel clockwise or counter-clockwise between Alpharetta Hwy and North Pt. Prkwy to Windward, with selected trips serving GSU's North Campus. This route will serve several business parks, malls, schools and hotels.

Rt. 129 Chamblee / Dunwoody. This current route will now connect Chamblee Station to North Springs Station. Buses will operate via the existing route from Chamblee to Peachtree Dunwoody Rd. At that point buses will turn south to the North Springs Station. Rt. 140 Mansell Road Park / Ride. This express bus service will travel between Mansell P/R and the new North Springs Station every 12 minutes during rush hours. This will significantly shorten the trip time to MARTA rail service.

Information courtesy of http://www.itsmarta.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.