Ave!

The current calendar marks this month as celebrating The Noder of Iron. Given that the participation in the event calls for writers to submit their works in all kinds of subjects, Caesar has decided to aid in this effort by hosting Games!

Writers vying for the title of the Noder of Iron: you are invited and challenged to write about the wisdom accumulated in over twenty and one years of life. Especially, making comments on the advice given to twenty and one year old young men and women by Frank Crane.

Rules!

  1. Participants must be over XXI years old for reasons that will become apparent
  2. Participants will read one or all of the writings of the book called 21
  3. Participants are encouraged to give their opinions on these pieces of wisdom, be they agreeing with the author or—a more interesting reply—disagreeing with him.

May these writings aid the writers in refining their thoughts. May these writings aid young men and women attain the wisdom of their peers in a timely manner.

Alea iacta est.


Secretary notes:

Take this as a challenge of sorts. Given that E2 is almost old enough to drink, it stands to reason many of its users are over 21 years old themselves and may have some wisdom to impart to the young ones. I came upon the book called 21 filled with wisdom of this kind, only written at the beginning of the twentieth century.

I thought it would be a good idea to ask my fellow noders to pitch in on these pieces of advice and either agree or disagree with them. This could be a fun thing to do (and it’s excellent fodder for Iron Noder the Thirteenth)

So my mother has been feeling ill just of late, and she went and got checked out, and lo and behold she has Covid 19.

It's hard to maintain the optimism of objectivity. Even with her past health problems -- what the bean-counters would deem pre-existing conditions -- the chances are high that she will recover without incident, as the bulk of those fallen ill do. But I am pulled at by concerns for her age, for her weight, for her ethnicity, for her not-too-distant-past battles with illnesses great and small. I will mix worry and wonder in a shaker and drink them down, and accept that the Universe will continue to unfold as it ought.

I have plans afoot for a flashy launch for my latest book in another week or so, but those suddenly seem.... more distant. So, more on that another day. Blessings!!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.