I'm writing this while waiting for my clothes to dry and hoping that I won't have to go in to work in slightly damp clothes because it's cold outside and I might just freeze to death. Procrastination has always been one of my strengths and weaknesses, good at getting me to do things that have real deadlines and bad because if I can put something off forever I often do.

I over filled my new cars gas tank and it was on full for so long that I was worried that I'd managed to mess up whatever detects the level of gas in the tank. I didn't but when it finally went down I wasn't relieved so much as pissed off at my own catastrophizing. I don't typically worry so I feel like the whole experience gave me a bit more empathy for people with anxiety. All that said I'm bothered because I feel like I'm doing stupid stuff because for the first time in a while things are going good for me and a part of me wants to mess it up. I've seen enough self destructive behavior to believe that it's a very real phenomena but I don't know if that's what I'm doing or if this is just me catastrophizing stupid mistake into deliberate self sabotage.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.