I am giving a month's notice that I'm taking the month of December off from social media and Internet activity. No tweets, no texts, no posts, no nodes. There is a good reason for this -- and it actually may not be what you may be thinking. I'm not burned out or discouraged or any of those things. I'm simply curious, to see what happens.

Over twenty years ago, as a young and hungry student of religious studies, I learned of the theological theory of Pandeism. I became fascinated with this "lost" concept, with its history of punctuated vogues, and began an intensive study of it, which has continued ever since.

And since the publication of the first Pandeism Anthology volume in 2016, I've striven to put forth to the world the diversity of views on Pandeism, and I've not since gone more than a few days, perhaps a week at most, without seeking to further this discussion in some venue. In this time I've hearteningly seen ever-increasing discourse on Pandeism from scholars and philosophers, writers and theologians -- even those seeking to demean or controvert, to poke holes in its logic. My conviction has long been that Pandeism, fairly discussed, prevails.

But in all this time I've wondered about the outcome in an alternative Universe wherein I never was, or never found this philosophy, or never acted upon it.

Does Pandeism, now, stand again on its feet, so that in my absence the conversation continues?

I hope so. We shall see.

----

I give this month's notice in the hope that those who might have in mind to continue the Pandeism discussion against December's winds will fine-tune their forays in this time. Prepare their pics. Make their memes. Video their videos. I hope these will continue to be brilliant!!

And lastly, I may be disappearing from social media for this proscribed time, but I will not be disappear from this Earth. I will continue to correspond by email with those putting together the next Pandeism Anthology.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.