Young persons who have decided to avoid looking for a job (and responsibility) for another four years or so.

These creatures tend to be nocturnal and so any hopes of getting them to work during the day are dashed with the usual call of the student (a low throaty grunt).

By night these animals really come alive with the aid of one half of their staple diet - alcohol (the other half being overcooked pasta) and can be found frequenting many cities and large towns.

Students are cheeky animals and a favourite pastime of theirs is stealing traffic cones (at least, it is in the British strain of the breed) and often placing them on car roofs, on statues, in people's gardens.....

The student's life is a short one... once the course is over the student goes into a comatose state (with the aid of alcohol once more..) and when it emerges it has changed into a Mcdonalds worker with its ability to think and remember permanantly removed.

Stu"dent (?), n. [L. studens, -entis, p.pr. of studere to study. See Study, n.]

1.

A person engaged in study; one who is devoted to learning; a learner; a pupil; a scholar; especially, one who attends a school, or who seeks knowledge from professional teachers or from books; as, the students of an academy, a college, or a university; a medical student; a hard student.

Keep a gamester from the dice, and a good student from his book. Shak.

2.

One who studies or examines in any manner; an attentive and systematic observer; as, a student of human nature, or of physical nature.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.