Peter, Bjorn and John

This summer I was fortunate enough to attend the first ever Parklife music festival in Linköping and was completely stunned by this Elvis Costello inspired pop-trio. Their music can perhaps be described as Costello meets Brainpool, energetic, fast, great lyrics and wonderful melodies.

Peter, Bjorn and John consists of Peter Morén, Björn Yttling and John Eriksson who are all professional musicians and have played in other bands like The Plan, Peaux and with Nicolai Dunger. Peter and Björn meet some ten years ago in Västerås and decided right away to start a band together. Some years later they met John Eriksson and came to the conclusion that three was just the right number of people in a band. At that time they also came up with the name. After being an underground hit for some time and releasing a couple of EPs on their own label they finally got a full-length record out just a couple of months ago. If you haven't heard it you really should, however it might be hard to find outside Sweden since it's been released on a Swedish label.

Discography:

  • Peter, Bjorn and John (album)
  • I don't know what I want us to do (CD-single)
  • Skrammel & Sång (compilation by Revolver.nu, song: "Failing & Passing")
  • Failing and passing (single)
  • Forbidden chords EP (EP)
  • What's Cookin' 2001? (compilation by Export Music Sweden, song: "Self-pity in The Trashcan")

Source: www.peterbjornandjohn.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.