A DJ mixer, produced by Pioneer. This mixer could be referred to as the "DJM-600 Lite", but it is a damn good mixer in it's own right. It is the least expensive of Pioneer's line of DJ mixers, and also sports the least features. They seemed to be concentrating on making a good, solid and dependable mixer with a minimum of bells and whistles. It doesn't feature all the cool stuff that the other Pioneer mixers offer, but it is a good basic (and economical) place to start. The DJM-300 is available in either black or silver, and runs about $250-$300.

Features

Auto BPM Counter

A nifty little LED readout that shows a realtime calculation of the BPM for any given track. It's really useful as a general guide, but if you're relying on it to beatmatch, then you'd better get used to trainwrecking a lot.

Fader Start

A feature for use with the CDJ series of DJ equipment, also from Pioneer. This feature basically allows you to start the CD player by moving the crossfader towards it. I've said it before, but this method strikes me as a bit inaccurate, although I could just suck. You can also slide the crossfader back to return the CD to the cue point. Pioneer claims that you can use this feature to simulate scratching a vinyl record, but I have no clue what they're talking about. If you want to scratch, you'd probably be better off investing in a good pair of Technics.

3-Channel Eq

Not so much a feature as an expectation. The low, mid, and high ranges can be adjusted at a range from -26dB to +12dB.

Phone/Line Switchable Inputs

By using little switches on the back of the mixer, you can turn the phono input into a line input, allowing you more flexibility in what you want to connect to your mixer. In short, even DJs who don't use analog turntables can use the four sound inputs to their full potential. While you can't use four sound inputs simultaneously, the switches above the the trim knob allow you to quickly switch between audio inputs.

Master/Channel Level Meter

A button below the output readout switches the readout to show the input levels from each input device. This means that you can quickly check to see if each track has been mastered at a different level of sound output.

Specifications

Input Terminals: CD x 2 (RCA), Phone x 2 (RCA) (Switchable to line), Mic x 1 (1/4" Phone)

Output Terminals: Master Out x 2(RCA), Headphone Monitor x 1 (1/4" Phone)

Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20kHz (CD)

Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 80db dB or more (CD)

Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.05% (3Vrms) or less (CD)

Power Requirements: AC 120V, 60 Hz (USA, Canada)

Power Consumption: 16 W (USA, Canada)

Net Weight: 8 lbs, 2 oz (3.7 kg)


Node your DJ gear

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.