Poppy Gonzalez is a songwriter/producer/musician. Poppy has contributed to many bands & recording projects in the studio, live, & on tv & radio - including 4AD band, Mojave 3 (reborn from Slowdive). Poppy played piano & toured for Mojave 3 in the earlier stages of their career, her most notable contribution being a highly respected performance on the live recording of the 'Paris Black' Live Radio Sessions. She also played piano on the string version of 'Mercy' which appeared on the Doctor Martins 'Shoe Pie' album, which featured bands from 4AD's 1996 'Shaving the Pavement' tour.

On leaving Mojave 3, Poppy wrote, recorded and toured for Beggars Banquet one off signing, Si Sen Si - and featured on their ep release 'A Very Nice Country' to which she contributed a song, 'Hey Boy' co-written with the bands founder member Simon Wheeler.

Poppy also wrote, produced and performed with her own band, the recently demised Dreamfield - who released two critically acclaimed independent singles Take Me With You & Christopher's Dream
- That period also so Poppy tour & record for Emma Anderson's post Lush band Sing-Sing contributing piano, keys, hammond, castanettes & claps for their Joy of Sing-Sing album and piano for the single release 'I'll Be'.

Poppy penned & produced two songs 'Cinderella Song' & 'I dream of you' for Dutch artist 'Nancy Boyd', the former featured on the BSide for the top 20 hit single 'Kissing the Wind' for which she was also in the Nancy's live band. (I am told she was also invited to play keys for Jim Read's (The Jesus & Mary Chain) latest band Freeheat, but I'm not sure if that is ongoing).

Other people Poppy has worked with include : Blue grass eccentric Wild Willy Barrett and the world reknowned drummer & producer, John Hiseman. She has also recently played piano on a track for Ian MaCutcheon's (Mojave 3 drummer) new band Loose Salute and has contributed spoken word for the cinematic soundscapes of Ink1and Dulcesky. Poppy is currently writing and recording with Hush Collector who relased their first 'Flowby ep' on Candy Cone, a small label she set up for the purpose.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.