Pythagosaurus was a dinosaur of the Triassic era known for its odd bearing, being precisely halfway evolved between two-legged carnivores and quadrupedal herbivores. Pythagosaurus had a very straight tail and back leading up to a pointed crest, then dropping straight down into a flat face and form. Different specimens have been observed to have tails and crests of varying angles, but whenever anybody bothered measuring either one they found it to be a cute angle.

Pythagosaurus was a short lived species for multiple reasons. Firstly, it was only capable of moving over flat ground; attempting to move over even the slightest slope would cause it to tip over and become easy prey for its chief predator, the Dimensiotrodon. This predator, while long thought to be quite obtuse, nonetheless was apparently easily able to size up the back length of Pythagosaurus through some instinctive means of calculating the sum of the squares of its other two sides. Another cause of Pythagosaurus' downfall was its own strict diet, consisting primarily of accountants. Since these did not exist, and would not evolve for millions of years after the Triassic, Pythagosaurus often found itself to be completely empty.

Although it largely died out in the early going of the Triassic, some strains of Pythagosaurus managed to evolve their way out of their sticky wicket, and were the ancestors of the modern Hyppotenopotamuse.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.