"So you see," Riemann casually remarked, "its success simply a matter of hitting people at a variable angle to the horizontal with a variable background."

Prof. Steven Seagal, MD, nodded thoughtfully. "And you say that factoring in an approximation to an Eastern ethnicity improves the accuracy?"

Riemann smiled, and puffed on a pipe with a satisfied grunt. "Indeed it does, but if you use the Eastern ethnicities the problem ceases to be P and joins NP. For complex plot arcs the casting time will increase by a factor of e^(kln 2) per character."

"So," he continued. "Based on your Acting Skills and Budget constants," with pencil describing a smooth curve over the blank sheet, "your optimum plot arc has complexity of order 0, but, as we see, no 'real' values. Make your plots simple, but hopelessly unrealistic. The trick, you see, is to focus solely on a single slice of the plane. Make it as thin as possible; almost one-dimensional."

Seagal stood, and Riemann was only too happy to shake the hand proffered to him. Gathering up the graphs and equations, Seagal stepped back into his US-NAVY TIME MACHINE, ready to travel back to New York City to bring happiness to thousands by simple application of complex mathematics.

"Goodbye, Riemann. Goodbye, and thanks..."

But he was gone.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.