You know how pork sometimes gets really dry when you add citrusy flavours? Well my solution was to invent something that would trap the moisture inside. So taking inspiration from the nursery rhyme* I came up with this; its one of those ones that just works.

It may seem a little weird to eat a savoury food with so much sugar in it but just think about dishes such as bacon with pancakes and maple syrup or sweet-and-sour pork it will start to make sense.

You will need:

A food processor, (just don’t even attempt to do this without one)

The spices:


You can probably get away without all the spices, and if you have a personal favourite like ginger… then… well you should save yourself a bit of time and just use All Spice instead!

The wet stuff:

The Meat:

The Preparation:


I hope you’re ready because this is really really really complicated:
Blend the spices together,
add to the meat.
Blend the wet stuff together,
add to the meat.

Wait a while, I do The Times Crossword, that way the dumber I am the tastier the food is. (If this were true I would be a very hungry person)

Phew! Its tough this cooking lark!

The Heat:

You can cook the pork in any way you want, someday I will try barbequing it, but my preferred way (in a further effort to keep the moisture in) is to quickly; caramelise the marinade in a hot pan to seal in the moisture whilst your kitchen fills with the Christmassy aromas of clove, cinnamon and nutmeg. Then take the pan cover it and put it in the oven and cook it on a moderate heat until its not pink anymore. (This should take ten minutes tops)

Serve with raisin and pomegranate syrup couscous and a simple salad. Yum yum!


*Someone else has come up with something called St Clements pork, it’s a very similar recipe but for a whole roast instead. I knew that the recipe couldn’t be all that original but I was very upset to find out that the inspiration for the name has also been shared. Oh well.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.