A catchy little song by Camper Van Beethoven that came out when MTV and VH1 still played music videos. This was a popular song off their first record, Telephone Free Landslide Victory. It's preformed in a half singing/talking punk style with simple guitar cords inspired from folk music. The music video was shot with low budget equipment from the '80's, 1985 to be exact, in their very recognizable southern California home. The video has the home-made feel, reshooting some shots of the famous landmarks in movies, and really giving it away that the band's from SoCal. But, does the song express a rational fear of death, or a funny parody on radical beliefs, maybe both? Take the first line of the song, "Everyday I get up and pray to Jah and he decreases the number of clocks by exactly one". I take this to mean, one clock being one day, and by taking one clock away, we're another day closer to death. So we must try to achieve our dreams that we aspire to obtain because time is ticking. As for the rest of the song being about fear, well watch it on youtube and find out for yourself.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1UgeOKN1DE (accessed 3/27/09)
http://www.the-van.com/songs/index.php?item_id=572 (1/25/08)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.