Made in Germany, the world's leading fish food for over 40 years.

This is the fish food that comes in the big yellow canister, with the brown lid. Smaller containers are pop off lids, and plastic cans. Larger cans are paper tubes with a screw off cap.
The stuff itself are the variously sized, multi-colored flakes that you sprinkle on the water for your fish to eat. They slowly sink, and make a mess at the bottom.

This is actually a very good fish food, but the generic brands copy their formula almost perfectlly, so you dont REALLY benefit from paying too much. Of course, it's not THAT much more, and it always seems to me that it stays fresher longer. Probably because of some weird chemical they saturate it with that the generic brands dont bother with.

If you want to experiment, or judge it based on content, here's the breakdown of ingredients:
Fish Meal, Torula Dried Yeast, Ground Brown Rice, Shrimp Meal, Wheat Gluten, Dried Potato Products (eh???), Feeding Oat Meal, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Soybean Oil, Fish Oil, Algae Meal, Sorbitol, Lecithen, Gelatin (Always room for Jell-O), L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (Vitamin C), Natural and Artificial Colors. Ethoxyquin as a preservative (see, told ya so).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.