The first time I had sex I was on vacation with my family in Cape Cod. He was lifeguarding at the beach. He was ugly and chunky. I was angry at my parents and just starting to rebel. He was lying about his age and so was I. He taught me how to smoke. I taught him how to kiss. It was on a beach. Nice, except it was raining. It was supposed to be amazing, but it sucked. And it didn't even "pop my cherry" the first time. (Or the second.) I don't even count him. I could barely feel it.

A year later, I went back to Cape Cod, to that same beach. I wasn't expecting him to be there again. And he wasn't exactly. He looked ten times older, a hundred times cuter. So I was taken aback when this gorgeous boy said hi to me, asked me how I had been, about all the missed calls I never returned. But I didn't really believe it was him yet. How does someone change in so little time... By then I was a heavy smoker, so when he offered me a cigarette (Camels), I was happy to take it. We went back to an old haunt, sharing our cigarette and reminiscing on the previous summer. But I still couldn't believe it was him. When you sleep with someone, you're supposed to learn them, or at least that's what someone told me once. So when he leaned over and kissed me, that's when I realized. It was him. I remembered the taste. You can change anything about the way you look, or dress, or act. But every boy has this taste that sets them apart in my mind. I think he tasted just like rain does when you walk outside and stick your tongue out and the rain hits your tongue. But I like that. I like the rain.

 

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.