You look at your watch; it's 6 am. A girl steps out of the bathroom with a cordless phone in her hand; its battery is dead. It looks like the Xanax made it back into the medicine cabinet. She looks at you, and reaches for her cigarettes.

Two friends walk out of the bedroom. His shirt is half tucked in; hers is on backwards. You can smell them from across the room. They look at you, and blush, and reach for their cigarettes.

A tall guy with weird hair falls out of the closet. He has a big red mark on his forehead and a nearly empty bottle of vermouth in his hand. He is wearing dancing shoes, and they have apparently been vomited on. He looks at you, and smiles a dopey grin, and takes a swig from his bottle, and reaches for his cigarettes.

Your best friend quietly emerges from the kitchen. He has a grim, defeated smile on his face. When he speaks, his voice is hoarse. When he walks, his feet don't leave the ground. He looks at you, and gestures don't ask, and takes a deep breath, and reaches for his cigarettes.

You stumble towards the door, fighting over the remaining blankets.

Sitting on the porch, you hear: "Holy shit, take a look at that one." "Wow...I think that's an 8.5" "More like a 9.5, man. Check out the colors in those clouds over there." "Yeah, ok. One to remember. A 9.5."

Night seems like a lifetime ago, and so does everything that happened. You all came out the other side, and right now, it's easy to pretend that none of it mattered. Tomorrow is another day.

Close your eyes and smile.

darkest
1. Tool - H. - 6:07
2. Radiohead - Fitter Happier - 1:57
3. A Perfect Circle - Rose - 3:26
4. Marilyn Manson - Tourniquet - 4:29
5. Tool - Disposition - 4:46
dawn
6. Nine Inch Nails - The Great Below - 5:17
7. Yo La Tengo - Our Way to Fall - 4:18
8. Failure - Dirty Blue Balloons - 4:23
9. Radiohead - Lucky - 4:19
10. Nine Inch Nails - Pilgrimage - 3:31
daybreak
11. Sleater-Kinney - Buy Her Candy - 2:02
12. Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 - 4:25
13. Failure - Segue 3 - 2:11
14. Self - Lucid Anne - 3:02
15. Sleater-Kinney - The Swimmer - 3:47
denoue
16. Sonic Youth - Winner's Blues - 2:07

weekend sound track
prev | next

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.