It may as well have rained that day, it would've at least preserved some of her dignity.
I never want to see it again.
It was the most beautiful, yet heartwrenching sight I'd have ever seen in my life.
My best friend was crying behind the store dumpster, smoking in a vain attempt to calm down, like it somehow was supposed to help.
It doesn't matter why she broke down in front of me, all that mattered was that I was there to make it more bearable...The intense pain that she was exhibiting, that she was trying to hide...
I wish it were raining... At least she'd have smiled a little then.
I had gone to check on her, and there she was...
Looking like a complete mess...
Sobbing helplessly, uncontrollably.
Asking if I brought weed...
I came bearing worse news that I didn't want to impart to begin with, but when I saw the intense pain she was in...
It ate away at my very essesense, and suddenly...
The only thing I had to do...
Was listen.
So I did.
God...
I don't know exactly what she felt, but...I felt enough of it to wish we could trade places immediately, just so she'd no longer have to be so sad, miserable, and hurt.
So... I just listened.
I never want to see her cry again.
Not if I can help it.It hurts too much to watch her like that.
The person I admired...
My hero...
Had become mere mortal in my eyes.
And yet, I'm still a selfish bastard...
Who only wishes he knew how to love...
And not just believe that he loves the two people that are beyond his reach.
That was several months ago, but...
I can still feel it as though it happenned minutes ago.
It would have been better if it were raining. It would've been more appropriate.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.