"Look, I know you're dealing with a fire-breathing dragon and a rampaging giant at the same time, but I'm not worried. I'm concerned but I'm not scared. You think this is bad? I spent three years surviving the Nazi invasion."

"The what?"

"Nazis. Long story. The short version is that I spent three years starving, scrabbling, shooting, shivering, dodging grenades, dodging officers who were supposed to shoot me for retreating, and then I got my ass blasted off in a city that had been bombed to rubble, and I woke up in a public park on a sunny day. So what if the park was being overrun by man-eating wolves? It was still a walk in the park compared to three years of hell."

"But...Okay, it sounds like you've had the fear beaten out of you, but that doesn't explain how you managed to slaughter all those wolves in, like, five seconds."

"I didn't lose my fear, I just had a crash course in getting past it. And courage is a mechanic in this game, right? Plus one attack bonus per two points of courage?"

"Well yeah but...oh. Um. Maybe I should just, like, swear fealty to you now and get it done ahead of time."

"Oh no no no, comrade. You're not going to be loyal to me. You're going to be loyal to the Communist Party."

"You don't want to rule?"

"Tell you what. I'll be the Head Secretary."

"Was that a wink?"

"I have no idea what you mean."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.