This is my motto. Okay, I shamelessly ripped it off from an old Sony Playstation advert, but it's still the tenet by which I live my life.

I've done Bad Things in my time. I've been caught for some of them. I've done some morally dubious things and some things that are just plain wrong. But I've also done a hell of a lot of Good Things and I know for a fact that the good stuff outweighs the bad.

All of which is beside the point. Whether I've done good things or bad things is completely irrelevant; the important thing is, I've done things. I was involved in a love triangle aged thirteen. I was arrested and taken in for questioning by the Ministry of Defence Police in the same year. I've had whirlwind romances and long drawn-out ones that rot from underneath.

I've sailed to Holland, and navigated across the English Channel. I am one of probably only twenty people in the world who know empirically what tall-ship battle was like. I screwed my evil employer and laughed about it later. I'm studying at a world-class university. I've deliberately defrauded a guy with a loaded SA-80. I've publicly insulted the ex-commander of the SAS.

I've been to Cambridge. I've seen a partial eclipse of the Sun. I know everything there is to know about the Battle of Trafalgar. I've drunk neat Angostura Bitters. Twice.

Okay, I'm only twenty years old. But I've done a hell of a lot in those twenty years, and I'm going to keep doing more. And when I'm lying on my deathbed I can lie back and relax. I may not have done everything I wanted to do, but no one does. And I'll have done a lot of it.

I couldn't ask for any more than that.

Ahh.. this is one of those things some people (me included) says life is about. "Could you die today, and say you "lived" your life?" I think it is important to be able to answer this with an "HELL YES". Too many people go through life never experiencing the world we live in, and life itself. I have made a ton of mistakes, and have learned from a lot of them. This too is importent. Life is about taking chances, learning lessons, understanding the world, understanding yourself. It isn't all about who has the most toys at the end. Experience is something so valuable, yet seems to get pushed aside for things like preparing. Preparing for what? School is great, plans are wonderful.. but what does it all mean in the end. Life's lessons comes in a variety of colors, some painful, others amazing, but it is all so vital. Today, do something new.. truly experience something.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.