Transformers: Robots in Disguise Episode Guide

Episode 11: Tow-Line Goes Haywire
Original U.S. air date: September 20, 2001
Written by: Matthew V. Lewis

Tow-Line, a newly-arrived Autobot from Cybertron who transforms into a massive tow truck, is accompanied by Prowl as he tries to learn the nuances of his duties. He tows every illegally-parked vehicle he can find whether it's justified or not, irritating the other Autobots slightly. Watching this, Megatron and Sky-Byte decide they can turn his naivete to their advantage. Once on his own, Sky-Byte and the other Predacons intercept him and reprogram him into thinking the other Autobots are guilty of their criminal activities, and tell him to two them all to their hiding place at the docks.

Tow-Line's first target is X-Brawn, who tries to stop Tow-Line and accidentally scrambles his reprogramming. Tow-Line takes him to a deep pit at the abandoned power plant instead of the docks, adding Side Burn and the bullet train Rapid Run before the Autobots get word of what's happening. Optimus Prime and Prowl intercept him and remove his reprogramming. The other Autobots are rescued, and when the Predacons finally arrive, the freed Autobots are able to drive them off.

Previous episode  ||  Next episode


In true anime style, these Transformers always shout out the name of their weapon as they're using it. In Tow-Line's case, the cry is "Wrecker hook!" as he throws his towing cable, which not-so-coincidentally is the original Japanese name for his Car Robots character.

Unlike Skid-z in the previous episode, Tow-Line actually gets used again, although not very often. (His next and last significant role is in "The Ultimate Robot Warrior"). This show was just a way to introduce his toy and get it out of the way, while filling in some space until Megatron's "master plan" with Dr. Onishi is realized.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.