Or, LaggedyAnne's Not-quite-better-than-sex-but-definitely-easy-as-pie Pie


Triple Chocolate Pie is my lazy answer to the question, "is it possible to be a terrible cook and still make people weak in the knees with something you've made?" It is, of course, a resounding, "yes!"

You'll need four hours of prep time, about five minutes of which you'll actually spend cooking. Set out a large mixing bowl, a measuring cup, a wire whisk, a spatula, and the following ingredients:

Pour the milk into the bowl. Add the pudding and mix with the wire whisk. It'll take you less than a minute, and when you're done the wet pudding will seem pretty thick. Then measure out 1 1/2 cups of the pudding into the pie crust. See that whipped cream? Gently stir 4 oz into the remaining pudding mix; this should stay somewhat fluffy. Spread your fluffy cream/pudding mix over the pudding in the crust.

Now you have two layers of chocolate pudding, the first darker than the second, settled into your graham crust. The remaining 4 oz of whipped cream are spread over the top. Let it set in the refrigerator for 4 hours.

If you're looking for more chocolate, I love to shave milk chocolate over the top layer of pie. You could also use a chocolate pie crust. Or, you could just enjoy the pie the way it is and shut the hell up about it.

2008-11-20@4:04 PM HeathRa says: if you add mini chocolate chips to the bottom layer of pudding, then sprinkle them on top, AND use the Oreo cookie pie crust, it becomes better-than-sex-and-easy-as-pie Pie

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.