user since
Sat Apr 13 2002 at 15:00:45 (22 years ago )
last seen
Mon Jan 1 2007 at 17:01:29 (17.3 years ago )
number of write-ups
27 - View TygerTyger's writeups (feed)
level / experience
2 (Acolyte) / 446
mission drive within everything
to *share* what little information i have
specialties
linguistics, Heidegger, brevity
school/company
Maple English School, Fujinomiya, Japan
motto
*I forgot my mantra*, which is what Jeff Goldblum says in his only line in Annie Hall
most recent writeup
Japanese words to describe tastes
Send private message to TygerTyger

I grew up in trailer parks in southern New Mexico. The wind would often blow so hard that sand would get into the trailer even with all the windows and doors closed. My parents, naturally, were divorced. I spent summers in Arkansas with my dad who taught me to box and swim and not go nuts when the Chicago Cubs games were on. My mom taught me everything else.

I got busted for marijuana in Texas and spent some time there after jail being homeless and writing bad poetry and rescuing other losers from being busted by the same narc.

Then I unthinkingly moved to Montana and got married to a Montana native. I got virtually worthless degrees from The University of Montana in philosophy and linguistics. My specialties, if such they were, were Martin Heidegger and Albert Borgmann and the whole philosophy of technology and ethics spectrum, and Coeur d`Alene Salish and morphosyntax. Recently I am not doing too much with any of this but instead am trying to learn Japanese.

You see, I now live and teach English in Japan. I like sipping green tea and eating anko and dating Japanese men.

I should have mentioned that I divorced the Montana boy.

But someday I want to move to Andalusia.

All I want out of life is that it be interesting.