Why is it that every time someone asks me if I've done something, I tell them the answer, and regardless of what I said, they always have done it bigger, better, and it was more exciting? Often they start off their rant with the verbage, "Oh that's nothing..", which I find insulting.

Why is it that every time I mention food, or something similar, and the conversation ends up in how much I've eaten that day, the person I am talking to has always eaten less and for a longer period of time? Thereby making my lack of food meaningless.

Why is it that every time someone inquires about something personally painful, they say, "Oh that's nothing.." and continue to rant about their "pain" or their niece/nephew or anyone that has had everything else much worse (hypothetically)? Why is it that everyone else's pain always is greater than mine?

Why is it that every time I am in a grocery store and get in line, the person in front of me has 80 coupons and/or food stamps.. and all the other lines are really full and it seems like a bad idea to switch lines, seeing that there is only one person in front of me, but I am still standing there 10 minutes later?

Why is it that every man who is ever interested in me, only wants sex? I have sworn off the idea of relationships due to this common folly.

Why is it that when I go to a restaurant, there is no one else there except a small family with screaming children?

Why is it that when I go to my old favorite coffee shop, no one talks to me but the gay people and the schizophrenics?

Why is it that no one ever calls me except when I am sleeping or online? Therefore never getting ahold of me because my phone is busy or I am not answering it because it is too far to run to answer a stupid phone call.

Why is it that people always call me a good friend, and I am there for them when they need it, but when I need someone, everyone is busy, or no one is home?

Why is it that my boss put on my review last year that I need to be more assertive, and I follow through on the request, and this year my boss tells me to keep to myself more?

Why is it that...

I could go on forever.. so I will quit now. Why is it that I like to complain so much?

"Why is it" is a rhetorical question BTW.. so don't answer any of the questions I posed in this node.

Thank you.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.