WoW Radio is short for World of Warcraft Radio. World of Warcraft was created by Blizzard Entertainment.

WoW Radio (also known as WCRadio and Warcraft Radio) was an independent group of podcasters that came together to produce and promote live radio shoutcasts that aired throughout the week. The shows were about 80% talk and 20% music, with most of the music being split between pre-shows and the royalty free music played when there was no show or archive playing on the stream.

Their existence and exhibitions were acknowledged and approved by Blizzard Entertainment, Creators of the Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game, World of Warcraft(WoW). WoW Radio had been featured on the Official Website of the WoW Community more than ten times. WoW Radio was even let in to BlizzCon, an annual Blizzard Entertainment Convention, and sent out the only live audio feed covering everything on the show floor.

The station began as one show, Saturday Nights with Athalus, on October 11th, 2004. Athalus left the station on the March 18th, 2006 after his final goodbye show. The station was then owned by Eriyanna and TotalBiscuit.

On January 31, 2010 WoW Radio ended its 5 year live broadcasting with a send off by TotalBiscuit and Athalus the 2 owners during the stations run.

The host of the shows have split into 3 new networks:

TotalBiscuit, and his Gaming the System co-host, SWAG, have gone to TotalBiscuit's new site with Blue Plz and Gaming the System.
The Cynical Brit

Octale, Hordak, Docdead, Natural20, Gnomewise and crew have joined together to create Versus The World Productions.
Versus The World Productions

The Donut Shop, MaxSpeed, Essence of RP, But Wait! There’s Lore! and more was moved to Original Media for Gamers, or OMFG.
Original Media For Gamers

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.