Another term used to refer to Xenu. Once upon a time (75 million years ago to be more precise) there was an alien galactic ruler named Xemu. Xemu was in charge of all the planets in this part
of the galaxy including our own planet Earth, except in those days it was called Teegeeack.

To be more specific, Xemu was created/discovered/pulled out of a bag of Scrabble letters by L. Ron Hubbard, creator of Scientology. Xemu is responsible for creating body thetans and all that stuff. Given what you see here, you might think such an entity would make an amusing anime character, but in fact many many people believe Xemu was a real entity. Who? They are Scientologists. There is a wondrous writeup regarding the tale of Xemu on the Scientology node.

The Church of Scientology has tried to repress this formerly secret character by many means, but unsuccessfully, thanks to alt.religion.scientology, brave former Scientologists, and the Internet in general. If you have any friends considering becoming Scientologists, have them read about Xemu first.

As far as making a great anime character:

The video game Terranigma features an insane geneticist named Beruga, who, under the direction of Dark Gaia, an evil overlord buried deep in the earth, designs a plague called Asmodeus to control the world's overpopulation. I wonder if the designers of Terrangima were making this reference to Xenu\Xemu on purpose, or whether Scientology is just based on the same sci-fi cliches that, while making a good video game, make a lousy religion.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.