A Canadian TV show that aired on Nickelodeon in the United States starting in the late 1980s. Each episode had a theme and consisted of a series of loosely connected skits performed by teenage actors that describe a comical aspect of that theme. They had a ridiculous segment where the cast would sit around an chat, until someone said the forbidden phrase "I don't know", and green slime would fall onto their head from the ceiling.

The forbidden phrase was "I don't know." Also bad juju was saying "water", as that would cause the wet stuff to come pouring down on you. So far as I know, Nickelodeon's first big television success, shortly followed by Double Dare and other weird game shows for kids. Among its children actors was featured a young Alanis Morissette, aka Moose. (What a CanCon name, eh?) (Or not - see below. Urban myth strikes again! But almost on the mark...)

Also frequent were Barth the disgusting chef and the execution squad leader.

The web page can be found at www.ycdtotv.com. It has an plethera of information about the show, its origins, its cast, and just about everything else about the show.

Moose was played by Christine McGlade and was on the show the entire time. Alanis Morissette was one of the main cast members in the 1986 season.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.