A newsgroup consisting of l^Husers that love to write little "I love everybody" notes to everyone else. They're also big on giving {{{{{{{{{Huggiez}}}}}}}}.

The average person who contributes to this group has a homepage covered in animated gifs of unicorns and teddy bears and other sundry crap talking about elves, "the goddess", and why they love jesus. They're also typically soccer mom-type-folk from more innocent areas like the midwest and have never once seen or heard of website like SlashDot.

Typically, a normal human can only stand to look at these messages for about 7-9 minutes before revulsion overcomes them and they must violently hurl dark vomitus chunks into the nearest container, so avoid this at all costs.

I'm pretty sure this group was started by someone from AOL, but can't be positive.

I used to read, and once or twice contributed to, alt.cuddle. At that time (1995) it was not nearly as nauseating as slappyjack says, but it was extremely high-traffic, which is why I stopped reading it. It was then a good place to go when you were feeling down, because people would be nice to you (something hard to find on Usenet). I wouldn't be surprised if it had morphed into something less calming and more sickeningly sweet as more people found it, though.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.