Amazement - a beautiful intoxicating state in which one can become enraptured for large periods of time, often with malevolent effects. Let me explain:

The main difference between humans and animals is that humans posses the disability of curiosity. Although other differences to note; humans, who are born without knee caps, have thigh bones stronger than concrete and a quarter of their bones can be found in their feet. Whereas certain species of animals have the ability to produce urine which glows in black light (cats) and others can smell water from three miles away (elephants). But it is this curiosity that drives humans to discover that 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321 and that castrated males can not grow bald.

However it would be wrong to render personification of all animals invalid. In World War 1 a baboon by the name of 'Jackie' became a private in the South African army and incase you were wondering; why couldn't an ostrich reach such dizzy heights in the army? Well, for the simple reason that its eye is bigger than its brain.

Although the animal kingdom is really under no obligation to help their sentient counterparts. In World War 2 the very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo. Such events show that human resources should be withdrawn from researching weapons and bombs. This, in turn, would allow the Homo Sapiens population to capitalize on research with an aim of discovering just how $1.2 billion dollars worth of tobacco products are sold illegally to minors every year. Many world leaders seem to lack curiosity, if I was in charge of the country I would immediately demand to know what inspired Howard Helmer to make 427 omelettes in 30 minutes. I would also like to know what this egg-obsession is all about! As a nation, we eat nearly 10 billion eggs a year; that's 26 million every day, which placed end to end would reach from the earth to the moon. This poses one question; how many chickens must there be? and would they reach from the earth to the moon if placed head to toe? So what am i saying? Do you want to know? Are you curious? Or are you an animal? like most world leaders?

What i am trying to illustrate is the malevolent effects i described earlier on. To embellish; it is absolutely vital that the world is run by animals if it were not; nothing useful would ever get done. Fortunately this leaves time for the beings with severe cases of curiosity to devote their time to pondering the reason no word in the English language rhymes with month, orange or silver and appreciate the irony that Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was, in fact, allergic to carrots.

A*maze"ment (#), n.

1.

The condition of being amazed; bewilderment [Obs.]; overwhelming wonder, as from surprise, sudden fear, horror, or admiration.

His words impression left Of much amazement. Milton.

2.

Frenzy; madness.

[Obs.]

Webster (1661).

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.