Stands for An Awkward Rush and Mission Savers (I know it makes no sense- the thing was on a Japanese game called Wild Arms). ARMS are weapons like a gun or some other technological advance that only certain people (in Wild Arms, only Rudy and Calamity Jane could use them as far as the player was concerned). These ARMS are the remnants of a lost civilization, but certain armssmiths can work on them and upgrade them. Though, where they get their business is anyone's guess...

Also, since playing Wild Arms 2, I find that it is also the name of the group founded by Irving to protect the world. Apparently, it means something else in the English version, but I can't remember what it said. If I remember, I will be sure to put it here.

Arms (#), n. pl. [OE. armes, F. arme, pl. armes, fr. L. arma, pl., arms, orig. fittings, akin to armus shoulder, and E. arm. See Arm, n.]

1.

Instruments or weapons of offense or defense.

He lays down his arms, but not his wiles. Milton.

Three horses and three goodly suits of arms. Tennyson.

2.

The deeds or exploits of war; military service or science.

"Arms and the man I sing."

Dryden.

3. Law

Anything which a man takes in his hand in anger, to strike or assault another with; an aggressive weapon.

Cowell. Blackstone.

4. Her.

The ensigns armorial of a family, consisting of figures and colors borne in shields, banners, etc., as marks of dignity and distinction, and descending from father to son.

5. Falconry

The legs of a hawk from the thigh to the foot.

Halliwell.

Bred to arms, educated to the profession of a soldier. -- In arms, armed for war; in a state of hostility. -- Small arms, portable firearms known as muskets, rifles, carbines, pistols, etc. -- A stand of arms, a complete set for one soldier, as a musket, bayonet, cartridge box and belt; frequently, the musket and bayonet alone. -- To arms! a summons to war or battle. -- Under arms, armed and equipped and in readiness for battle, or for a military parade.

Arm's end, Arm's length, Arm's reach. See under Arm.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.